Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this car and I think the grounds are not right.

1. Battery ground to radiator support.

2. Right inner fender grounded to frame

3. Braded ground wire from right firewall to engine

4. Braded ground wire from left firewall to nothing---think it should go to valve cover.

5. Gauges were not grounded but are now but still have some not working right like back up lights come on when car in park….2 speed floor. And gen light comes on when in park.

6. I was trying to fix the fuel gauge. Thought it was the no ground on rear of gauges but that wasn’t it. When I was messing around with the dash ground I did get the fuel gauge to move but it went back to full. I crawled under the car and looked at the sending unit There is only 1 TAN wire coming out and 1 Rubber hose with No ground wire. I did feel a NUB on the sending unit and was wondering if that is where the ground should be connected and can I just connect it to the frame. One of the previous owners replaced the trunk and I don’t think they replaced the sending unit ground when they got done.

Thanks Gregg

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The frame of the fuel sender needs a wire from it to the body (or chassis). Sounds like a wire is missing from that nub.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts