Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my entire trunk floor and braces since the original owner created a nest with sheet metal and other means to seal the trunk. So I have re-installed the tank but can't figure out where the gas tank meter ground wire should be screwed.

I have the assembly manual and it refers to "Pan-compartment", and "reinforcement compt pan", but I can't figure it out. I'd like to land the ground back where it originally should go rather than any other good ground location. Does the ground wire get landed on the tank edge, brace, ...? thanks

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
On my 66, the sending unit ground wire is attached to the driver side gas tank brace with a sheet metal screw and a star washer. If your replacement brace does not have a hole for the screw, it is located in the center of the brace 1/2 to 1 inch rearward of where the brace curves to be horizontal. There are also 2 metal tabs spot welded to the trunk pan that bend over the wire to hold it in place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.