Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the pros and cons of the reproduction dash pads? Is there more than one manufacturer? What kind of experiences have any of you had with the repo pads?

·
Registered
886 Posts
I got the repop pad for my 67 Elky about four years ago from OPG. The only color available at that time was black...I needed red. I had no problems at all with installation or fit.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I got a colored one from OPG and had to send it back and bring my original to the trim shop. The replacement was of poor quality and just didn't fit right. "Just Dashes" can fix you up but they are rather expensive

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I just got a (red) dash pad for my 67SS from OPG. I'm going to give it a trial fit to see how it looks. The color almost seems a little to bright when compared to my door panels, but their a bit worn out so maybe they've darkened over the years. I'll report back on how it fits! Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just installed a new repo dash pad in my 66.
I got it from OPG..Fit great and was a snap to put in.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Having learned the hard way, let me share some info with you. The repro dash pads are pathetic if you want show quality. I tried 2 of them, gave up, and got my original redone by "just-dashes". It cost me $380 with shipping and was well worth it. Looks & fits perfect. Even Year One admitted to me that the repro pads are driver quality at BEST.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts