Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going crazy trying to find how the console harness pulgs into the dash harness. I have a console harness with a three prong plug,but can't see where it plugs in. I even have a spare dash harness out on the floor, where you can see it and don't have a place to plug it in ? I have a very good wiring book for 67 and it shows everything but that.Maybe one of you guys had this problem before and will help out this blind old man. I am sure the console harness is the right one as it still hooked to the console.Thanks for any help.CFR.

------------------
CFR.

·
Registered
242 Posts
CFR, the console harness routes under the carpet then behind the heater box and then over to the column, the connection should be just to the right of the column. If your car did not come with a console, there will be no connector to plug in to, but you can make it work. The orange wire can go to the " BAT. FUSED" on the fuseblock, the gray wire can go to the "LAMPS" on the fuseblock and the white wire needs to be spliced in with the white wire that goes to the door jam switch. Hope this helps.

·
Gold Founding Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KEN67RAT thanks for the input, I will look again for the plug by the column. The car came from factory with a cousole, but i changed the dash harness last year, maybe i put in the wrong one.One thing that puzzle's me now is the console harness that is with the console is not long enought to be routed the way you say? The wires only go about 6 inches above the top of the console? Is there an intermediate harness that go's between that an the dash harness i wonder???

------------------
CFR.

·
Registered
242 Posts
CFR, I don't know where my head is, you are correct, there is an intermediate harness.It is the one that routes as I said. On one end is a 3-way connector that goes to the console harness, and on the other end there are 2 2-way connectors that plug near the column. I am not positive, but I think one of the 2-way connectors had an orange and white wire, and the other 2-way connector had 1 gray wire. I have one at my shop and will look and see which colors go where.

·
Gold Founding Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ken you got me on the right track. I was sure i was loseing my mind,trying to fit this short wire to something. I found my Year One cat.and it's shows the harness that i need. Thanks again for the help. ( if you want to sell that extra harness i know someone who will buy it )

------------------
CFR.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey CFR

Did you buy a new dash harness for your car?
If so how did you get it from and how does it look (Where all the connector marked)??
I'll be doing this down the road with my 67 and was just wanting to know how everything went.
Thanks Tom

------------------
Tom
Southern,IL
67SS Yellow right now:(
Member #409

·
Gold Founding Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No i had a used one laying around that i put in .Year One has a good one with all the right colors and conector's from what i hear.

------------------
CFR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.