Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a what im pretty sure is an all original 67 4-door chevelle! It was a two owner car and the guy i got it from has had it since 1970! It has 82,000 miles on it and the odometer has not been flipped.. Could I get some help on finding out if in fact it is all original.. I have owned a few chevelles but by the time i got them the only hope for them was a street rod or drag car. Thanks Terry

·
Registered
994 Posts
Terry - Your now in heaven, nothing of the material world will do you any good here so why don't you send you Chevelle and title to me

Seriously though there is a wealth of info and fun at here at Team Chevelle. Plan on spending most of your time at your computer

You'll need to provide some info on your Chevelle though

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430HP / 4L60
"Canyon Carver"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the vin # 136697A137075
and firewall tag info
12B
ST 97-13669 ATL 3836 PAINT
TR 732-A BODY
W2EM
Does this help any?? It has a 283 w/air and a powerslide tranny.. Thanks Again Terry

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Terry, nice score!

i'm no resto pro, but if you want to do some of your own legwork, go to the tc home page, find the index of years, and click on 67.

Welcome to the 67 club!

Chaas
Gold Member 62
67 SS 396/L88

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey!! Love them 67's. Actually love them all. Wondering how many 67's out there in TC land?

------------------
1967 chevelle ss396 cpe
Team Chevelle Member #574
IF YOU REMEMBER THE 60'S - YOU WEREN'T THERE!!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Let's see 67RAT has a brusier ( l88 with 4.88's), TH , etc etc etc. If you guys haven;t see Cardiac's, it's mint.

I must admit I chose the 67 becuase it was the most solid car I saw up here in NY. I liked the number 67. The more I see of Chevelles, the more I like the eyebrows headlights of the 68-69, oh and the more stylish rear treatment of the 70-72 oh hell, I like em all!!!

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 02-06-2000).]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Terry I have a 67 I love it. In my opinion they are the best looking year. Enjoy it,and happy motoring

------------------
Scott Trufant 1967 Malibu 1967 Elcamino and still looking for a 1967 Wagon. Doesn't hurt to have one of each!

G

·
Me to! Had the 67 in the family for 17 years. Got the frame out right now doing everything.

Very nasty small block going in, like doing things the hard way, but there is one of Gene's rats sitting in the shop as well just in case I can't handle 90% of the rats on the street. Since I'm willing to tote a gear, I don't see any problems.

Mouse power!

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 Malibu "Small Block"
90 SS454
71 Malibu "Small Block"
93 torch red vette

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am sold on 67's, but some people say I have odd tastes.....
http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/chevellewagon

or go to the team chevelle home page and select the "wagons" link and follow from there....shameless promotion i know....

------------------
jtkirk13 (steve gold#222)

[This message has been edited by jtkirk13 (edited 02-06-2000).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had a 67 Vette and now a 67 SS. It was a great year.

------------------
67 SS Convertible
ACES #3406

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm a '67 too. I got mine from a little old lady who was the original owner--no kidding. It was a sad story--she had a stroke and I bought it from the estate for 2500--it was her daily driver up to about a year before I bought it. I even got the original build sheet, bill of sale, etc.

Don't know how to tell if a car's orig or not, but getting one like I did helps one be sure it's pretty original. Mine needs everything though--although nearly rust free, windscreen channels were a mess, as was suspension/brakes/steering/interior. Plus had an earl shribe paint job at some point which is a disaster.

As one of the posts stated, '67 was a good year 'cause 2 saftey things became standard; dual res. master cylinder and shoulder harness mounts.

I had a '64 (my all time fav chevelle--too hard to find now though)--but it had the old single res master cylinder (yep, I lost the brakes once and it sucked)--and no mounts for shoulder harness. Some (all?) '67s have the shoulder harness mounts in place, even if the car didn't come w/ the harness.

Enjoy

G

·
I think Jan. 1 1968 is when shoulder seat belts became madatory. I bought a 68 Road Runner, delivered after Jan. and it had belts tucked up tight to the headliner. These were the madatory belts. My 67 is like Gene's, original interior with lap belts only.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 Malibu "Small Block"
90 SS454
71 Malibu "Small Block"
93 torch red vette

[This message has been edited by Wally (edited 02-09-2000).]

·
Registered
77 Posts
67 Malibu... I guess you can call it that. Its in about a billion pieces in my garage, pickup, driveway, house and brother's house.
It should be road ready in about four months, weather permitting. As for the shoulder belts, all 67s have the MOUNTS. Its above the headliner about where the 'oh sh1t handle' would be. Well, mine has them and didn't come stock with the actual belts and numerous 67s I've seen had the mounts so my ejumicated guess is they all came with the mounts, reguardless. From what I remeber they were welded to the car, and I would imagine it was easier to weld the two little nuts on each body rather than wait and see who ordered shoulder belts as an option then going back and welding them on. That and the fact that if there was a chevelle on the lot that suited someone well except that person wanted shoulder belts the dealer could just install them himself without any welding.

[This message has been edited by masterwoo (edited 02-08-2000).]

·
Registered
367 Posts
I got a 67 too! Traded a 72 Elky for it. Guy sweetened the deal by throwing in a 454, 12 bolt posi and some other goodies. The 305 that was in there is gone and the 454 is nestled in place. Just got it fired before the weather changed, but am looking forward to getting it out and about when spring gets here. Lots o' work done, much more to do, but at least it'll be mobile! Woo-Hoo

------------------
Don - Chicago 'Burbs
'67 Malibu Street Machine
"Under Construction"
Gold #43
I've heard that the memory is the second thing to go.
I don't remember what the first thing is!?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.