Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have a 67 chevelle that I'm starting to wire.
It's a frame off non matching car. All Autolite gauges, no heater/ac basic car with a 383/t400.
I'm wondering whats the best way to go with the new harness (I'm starting from scratch ). I have a 1 wire ignition, a 1 wire alternator etc.

I would like to have a simple loom going to the front for lights and aloom going to the rear for brakelights/turnsignals. I'm not sure where to start. Does one of the big companies ( painless, autowire, or somebody else make a simple harness that I can start with so that I dont crazy trying to wire this thing?

any help is appreciated..!!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Depending on your skill level and if you have the original connectors, Painless may be a way to go.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to use a stock front and rear light loom attached to a painless fuseblock , could this be done????

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Not really. Painless is a universal wiring system that rewires the whole car. They don't follow factory schematics. Nothing wrong with their product if you know how to wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts