Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share this with all of my fellow Chevelle owners and enthusiast. Attached are photos of my 8 year frame-off resto-rod project. When I was wrapping up the final touches and bring the car to this years SEMA show I found myself looking at my Chevelle and thinking it looked dated. The reason was I had a set of old 17" wheels that looked great but the car needed the fresh look of today's style. As I did my research on wheel and tire packages Driverz Inc and Jon Henson kept coming up. I gave Jon a call and asked his advice. I knew right away that I had the right shop and that I was going to get set up with exactly what I wanted. Wheels, Tires and the right stance make or break your car and I had come to far to not get this right. Jon recommend NewGen Splitter 19"X8 5.25BP Front and 20"X10 6.25BP with Nitto NT555 245/35/19 and 275/35/20. This combination fits like a glove and I love the results! THANK YOU Driverz Inc.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
B E A Utiful!! I agree...the rims look fantastic! Any other specifics you care to share? Engine? Trans? Build pics? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looks awesome. I am trying to decide on wheels and tires as well.

What changes have you made to the wheel wells for fit and what suspension changes have you done for lowering?

Do you have any other pictures that show suspension changes?

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Looks very sharp. Are the spoke areas polished. It looks like only the outside rim of the wheels are polished.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Looks great, Super looking car & wheels. Have any pics with the 17's for comparison?

LK

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
B E A Utiful!! I agree...the rims look fantastic! Any other specifics you care to share? Engine? Trans? Build pics? :thumbsup:
Sorry for the late reply. The Chevelle started out to be a nice driver. Plans were to build a Big Block, clean up the drive train, interior and so on. When I pulled the motor I found that the front end needed to be rebuilt too. While rebuilding the front end I powered coated the upper and lower control arms --- HUGE MISTAKE! The control arms look so awesome that started the major rebuild. Even though this project took way to long I am so proud of the results. Here are some of the specs of the build -

Engine - 461CI with an Edelbrock Roller RPM package. Pump gas 535HP 551Torque - very driverable and sounds healthy. Engine built by Hawaii Racing Simi Valley CA

Trans - Muncie M20
Rear - Factory 12 bolt 342 gear

Restoration - Parts from Original Parts Group Seal Beach CA. Paint - single stage PPG Tuxedo Black. Painted by Doug Shelp Huntington Beach, CA

Mechanical and assembly - Top Line Performance Huntington Beach CA. These guys were a huge help.

Interior - Original Part Group interior installed by Guisen Interior Laguna Hills, CA

Wheels & Tires - New Generation Driverz Inc Corona, CA

Air conditioning - Vintage Air - Ice cold!

Here are a couple of build pics -

Attachments

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Spectacular-wheels and stance in just perfect! Like to see under the hood
Regarding the wheel tire and stance - the suspension is Edelbrock lowering springs, rear control arms and Hotchis sway bars. Wheels and tires - New Gen Driverz Inc

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
are you selling the old wheels and tires? I may be interested if you are.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks awesome. I am trying to decide on wheels and tires as well.

What changes have you made to the wheel wells for fit and what suspension changes have you done for lowering?

Do you have any other pictures that show suspension changes?
Sorry - I don't have any really good photos of the suspension. However the springs are Edelbrock lowering springs. Wheel Wells are stock and there are no body modifications. the wheels and tires do not rub anywhere.

That wheel tire fitment is what Jon at Driverz inc suggested. They fit like they were custom made for this car - perfect!!!!!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice, can we ask the otd price?
About $3,600. I know, this may be sticker shock BUT they are worth every penny and then some! I am so happy with the results and I highly recommend Driverz inc. People that know me know that I am a picky annal personality - cheap too. I don't mind spending the money if I get the results I want.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks great, Super looking car & wheels. Have any pics with the 17's for comparison?

LK
Here is a some comparison shots - 17X9 and 17X10 for the old wheels. I don't remember the tire size but there were really to short for the body style. The new 19" & 20" package is taller and fits the car correctly.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts