Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just redone all my ac componets evap, condensor, and comp and everything else i used a POA eliminator (since i coulne find orig POA) only remanufuctered part i bought was the compresor which i got at autozone.
Took this baby down to the AC shop and had it retro fitted for 134a and charged it up using 2.25lbs of 134a everything went well no leaks. and dam on the highway it wont pull down past about 54 degrees i remember
my old r12 system that baby would pull 40 and lower. i hear of other people doing such as i and their systems freezes them out the evap doenst seem to be freezing up but i do notice it leaks alot of water down
need help could it be the reman comp i do hear it kinda whine at a certain rpm HELP

ive spent round 1200 bucks on all the new parts and im ready to trow it all out and get me a vintage air system but how i want to keep it original ive had the car for 17 years me and my dad bought it in a wrecking yard and restored it ourselves.

[This message has been edited by ron667 (edited 08-08-2001).]

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
I don't know what the original r-12 charge was for your car, but you are supposed to install 80% of the capacity when a conversion to r-134a is done. In my opinion, 54 degree air on a 100 degree day is not too bad. I've been told that 60% of the cooling capacity is to be expected.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
there is only one way to fail, and thats to quit.
Maryland Chevelle Club

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't have an answer to you'r ac question, but if you decide to switch over to vintage I sure would like to purchase some of you'r parts. I need the mt. brackes, condencer,and some other parts. If you have anything or know of anything please contact me. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't have an answer to you'r ac question, but if you decide to switch over to vintage I sure would like to purchase some of you'r parts. I need the mt. brackes, condencer,and some other parts. If you have anything or know of anything please contact me. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Did you buy the bypass stv valve from Old Air? You may try giving them a call to help in trouble shooting your problem. Their number is (817) 531-2665.

------------------
Brian TC#1092, ACES#4374
---------------------------------------------------------
1964 Malibu SS Convertible (Restored Garage Queen)
1965 El Camino (Current project)
1981 Corvette (Daily driver)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.