Chevelles.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what an original style 3 core radiator is worth. I'm having mine replaced with a new aluminum radiator. I don't want to haul it to swap meets, and it's too large to ship economically so likely I'll take it to a metal recycling facility and sell it for its scrap value. Or maybe the local wrecking yard would buy it?

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
If it’s a Harrison one for a BB it’s worth a lot

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
If it's in good condition and you market it properly I believe you will find that cost of shipping will be justifiable, especially if it's manual trans. You could likely ship it in the same box your new rad comes in.

If the core is junk remove the saddle and tanks (tags too!!) and shipping will be much more justifiable. Plus you get the scrap value of the core, win-win!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car its coming out of is a small block ZZ4 350, auto trans. It's in good condition, no leaks.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Throw it up on craigslist, no shipping and more $$
I'll probably do that as well as posting it on Facebook Marketplace. I've had a number of items on Craigslist for over a year with no inquiries. I put some of the same items on FB Marketplace, they sell within a few days.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not post it in the Classifieds on this site??
I probably will, even though it will be "local pick up only". Unless buyer wants to pay for cost of packing and shipping.

Reactions: LeoP
1 - 12 of 12 Posts