Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently listed a brake/clutch pedal assembly for sale and listed it as 64-67. This unit came out of a '65 I'm parting out. A potential buyer wants to make sure it would be a direct bolt in for his '67 and before we make the transaction we want to be sure it will work for him. I thought all such assemblies were the same for all 64-67 Chevelles, but after a bit of inconclusive research I'm not sure any more.

Will a '65 clutch/brake pedal assembly directly bolt into a '67?

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
OPG lists a lot of the clutch z bar parts for 64-67. I can't find anything else about it.

·
Super Moderator
16,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OPG lists a lot of the clutch z bar parts for 64-67. I can't find anything else about it.
When it comes to the pedals they list one set as 64-66 and another as 67 only, thus part of my confusion. I can't see what could be different between them, but there must be a difference or they wouldn't have tooled up two different sets.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Rich all the info I found said 67 is different than 64-65
Exactly what I have always seen. Than I notice OPG shows the zbar for 64-67, different for small block and big block. I was thinking the 67 zbar was different than the other years too, guess not.
I don't understand what happen at GM in 67 to make things a little different at the pedals.

·
Super Moderator
16,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't understand what happen at GM in 67 to make things a little different at the pedals.
Could the use of a dual circuit master cylinder and collapsable steering column which both arrived in '67 have anything to do with it?

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Could the use of a dual circuit master cylinder and collapsable steering column which both arrived in '67 have anything to do with it?
Very possible, but I have no idea.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Yes the collapse-able column is difference maker. The bracket that supports them to the dash & swivels the pedals was modified for the 67 model year. Hence, the offset on the brake pedal for the 64-66's wont clear the steering column support in a 67.

I have tried to use the clutch pedal from a 64-66 in a 67, but it would take some mods...however the 64-66 brake pedal is a no sale in a 67.

Not sure about the 67 pedals in the 64-66s, but I doubt they would work.

The attached pics show the offsets of the brake pedal swivels. (courtesy of Dale M.)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Here are a couple of more pics that I took of the brake pedals, including a close up of the swivels.

The 64-66 pedal is on top in the full length shot.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.