Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a set of 67 buckets with fair to poor covers. They have the metal backs and all the hardware is there. Someone offered to buy them today. I wasn't planning on selling them, but since he offered $50 bucks for them, I thought I would check here and see what they are worth. I would think at least $200 if not more. Am I off?? What have you seen them going for lately.

Thanks, Marty

·
Registered
439 Posts
@ $100/$125 per seat. Thats needing redone. At $50ea you'll take a loss. Their worth more.I've been looking for deals on 64/65 seats. I can't find them for that price.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
With tracks?

With tracks Minimum of $250.00 but I think maybe more.
Without tracks Minimum of $150.00

The offer of $50.00 is ridiculous. Bookmark some ebay auctions for seats and see what the going rate is.

·
Registered
674 Posts
There is a local guy here who has a couple sets left. I think he has one set of 67, 2 sets of 64-65, 1 set of 70, and who knows what else. but If you ever need some you could probably pick them up for $125 for the pair! I just bought a set for a 65 for $100 from him but they were pretty rough! (but I still got a good deal!) he also has some 63 impala buckets and 1 or 2 sets of 63 nova seats I think they are the same seat as 64-65 arn't they? just different patterns!?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
If you price out the parts needed to "restore" a set of buckets (spring sets, seat foam, covers, tins, trim, chrome parts, bumpers, tracks, ect.) the condition of the origional seats must be taken into account. I would think that if everything was usable, and just needed new covers, $400.00-$500.00 is the going rate. Spring sets (2 per seat) will cost you $160.00 per seat, new foam (2 pcs per seat) $90.00 per seat.

At a local show last weekend (Dunkirk NY) there was a fellow selling a complete useable 67 set (even the black covers were presentable) with an asking price of $650.00. I thought that was a fair price.

Look at what you have, and the condition of all the parts, before you sell them dirt cheep. I dont think you could buy the tracks for $50 bucks on ebay.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I have a nice set of buckets I took out of a 67 Le Mans myself. If I were to sell them, I wouldnt take less then 350 for them. I plan to re use them eventually. The metal sides and backs are worth more then 50 bucks alone.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He came up to $250 once he knew that I knew what they were worth. I told him i had to think about it.

I looked them over real good, the covers need replaced. The foam is good in one of them, the other side could be re-used but it's soft. The tracks are there and they work. The buttons and chrome are there but slightly pitted. The springs are not broken, and there is light surface rust only on the metal backs.

I think I may take the deal since I need the cash for other parts. But, I want to get enough so I don't kick myself later, when I need them down the road.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
They sound like good cores. Id say $300 bucks would be fair for both partys involved

1 - 10 of 10 Posts