Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the original bench seat for my 67 chevelle, but its missing the right mounting bracket. Does anyone know where they are sold? I've checked the major parts warehouses and only find parts for buckets. I'd like to install the bench, but this is getting frustrating. Any help/info would be appriciated.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Wrecking yard, if you're lucky. Never seen em for sale from an aftermarket company. An Olds Cutlass or Skylark might be similar ??

·
Registered
271 Posts
If it's missing the mounting "foot", then is it also missing the part with the slots in it that engage when you position the seat front to back?
If not, it should be pretty easy to fabricate just the "foot". If the sliding track is also missing, then I would try to find something similar from a newer truck with a bench seat that might work.
If you become really desperate, I have a bench seat from my 66 sitting here. I was thinking of making a couch for the garage out of it & I wouldn't need the brackets. One of them needs to be welded where it bends to fit flat on the floor, but I cannot recall which one. Let me know if you are interested and maybe we can work something out.
+++

·
Registered
654 Posts
Like the earlier post, I found a Skylark. The whole seat assembly was $35.00 at the junkyard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts