Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have spent over 2 hours searching this forum, ebay classified pictures trying to find the correct wiring layout on the back of the Alternator. I have found a ton of pic's taken from the front side which obscures the backside layout :(
I am hoping someone can either post a pic or direct me to a source of the CORRECT wiring orientation on a 67 SS. The dilemma is i have a factory harness that appears to be to long unless I "clock" (rotate the back of the Alternator. I know the harness clips to the LF inner fender (which is also missing. I am also trying to GUESS where the Missing strain relief clip that snaps into the back of the alternator. Guessing at the routing and clip locations leaves a lot of excess wire or not enough depending on how it's routed.
I have the replacement clips and correct tape. The harness appears original and uncut except for the incorrect black tape used and missing clips. Hope this make sense ;)
Currently looking at the BACK of the alternator, the BAT stud is at ~ 12:00.
TIA 馃嵑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! Strange that they would leave that much excess wire between the fender clip and alternator 馃檮. I may just tidy that up a bit by moving some of the excess back under the fender well. It's a friends car and very nice but not concourse and I try for a cleaner look with wiring
Thank you again ;) 馃嵑

Premium Member
i have spent over 2 hours searching this forum, ebay classified pictures trying to find the correct wiring layout on the back of the Alternator. I have found a ton of pic's taken from the front side which obscures the backside layout :(
I am hoping someone can either post a pic or direct me to a source of the CORRECT wiring orientation on a 67
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Light Automotive fuel system

This correct wiring routing from an unrestored '67 SS. The alternator is always clocked with the flat side facing the valve cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts