Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for ac/heater control assembly for an original 67 Chevelle dash. I guess they don't sell those anymore.

Does anyone have a suggestion on installing the non ac control into the larger hole on an original ac dash?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

~Chevelle2017

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 67Chevelle ac/heater control assembly

I have a non ac heater control....I'm looking for the original ac controller with 4 levers and a blower switch on the left side. There is a difference in the size of the opening in the dash for an ac/heater control & non ac control. All I can find is a replacement lens for an original ac/heater controller.

Otherwise I have to make the hole in the dash smaller to accept the non ac controller

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts

Had the same problem, and luckily found one by accident at the Pomona swap meet last October. Paid 65.00 for it and all the controls work. Will be hooking it up to Vintage Air soon.
In searching, Sloans had one rebuilt, but more money, can't remember how much. I have the contact info at home, let me know if you need it.

·
Premium Member
4,507 Posts

Give James Hinshaw a call, he may have what you need. (336) 226-8242

·
Registered
723 Posts

I have a non ac heater control....I'm looking for the original ac controller with 4 levers and a blower switch on the left side. There is a difference in the size of the opening in the dash for an ac/heater control & non ac control. All I can find is a replacement lens for an original ac/heater controller.

Otherwise I have to make the hole in the dash smaller to accept the non ac controller
Just saw one on CL about a week ago. There's a guy in the SF/Bay Area in California that has had a stream of 66/67 parts going on CL.
66-67 Chevelle AC Heat Controls

< I just noticed the price this guy is asking... DAM $450! >

Here's another one nearly 1/2 that price:

1967 Chevelle Malibu El Camino Parts

I have one but it's a part of a near complete A/C dash and I was thinking of selling the whole thing instead of a parting out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks Randy...I just purchased one from James Hinshaw from North Carolina.

I live in Nebraska and plan on attending the Chevelle Car show in September in Omaha. Hope to meet you and see you there. Unfortunately my project '67 Chevelle won't be completed by then, but anxious to see all the Chevelle's.

Jerry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks to everyone who replied. It's great to find a home for Chevelle owners like me to help each other out.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
19,967 Posts

Yes, they are different physical sizes. IIRC the 66 and 67 heater only controls are the same but the 66 and 67 heater/AC controls have different levers. Something to be careful of when looking for one second-hand. 66 on the left and 67 on the right

Air Conditioning Levers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10 Posts

I saw a few on Ebay for $75.00

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts

IIRC the 66 and 67 heater only controls are the same
Fit and function of '66 and '67 heat only controls are same, but some, if not all '66 housing bezels are plastic where as '67 is metal. I'm not familiar with '66 w/A/C.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts