Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 chevelle and I found a 65 impala ss auto console and shifter for a 150.00 bucks will it hook up in my chevelle and would the floor boards be the same?Not trying to be original Im gonna go with gto seat covers and inside door panels as well.Thanks Tom

·
Registered
751 Posts
The linkages on the shifters drop through the floor in different locations and are different. You would have to make up your own mechanical linkage or convert your linkage shifter to a cable type with a Shiftworks conversion and you would probably be set. The only other obstacle woulds be mounts from the console to the floor with can easily be fabbed up. I believe the floor contours should be close enough that with carpet and the console mounted you would never know. Good luck

http://www.shiftworks.com/impala.htm#65-67impala

·
Premium Member
17,402 Posts
The Impala console may be too wide to fit between the buckets... Pretty sure its wider than a Chevelle console.

While the Impala shifter can probably work, the shiftworks kit (for 65/66 Impala) mentions it RETAINS the rod linkage... It might take some work to adapt the shifter to the trans...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts