Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out on finding a set of door latch rods for a 67 chevelle 2 door. The body shop lost mine when it was in and I need to find replacements. They are the rods that go from the inner door handle to the latch mechanism.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Can anyone help me out on finding a set of door latch rods for a 67 chevelle 2 door. The body shop lost mine when it was in and I need to find replacements. They are the rods that go from the inner door handle to the latch mechanism.
I have a pair of 67 latch rods in my stash. One is badly rusted, but they're yours for shipping cost.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I recently took my 67 coupe doors apart and have the latch rods in a box. Would be easy to take some pics but not sure how to post them here. Pm an email or phone number and I can text or email you if you like.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pics of the el camino parts. I can kind a tell when I'm looking for. Also dropped a couple PM's. Thanks for the quick responses. It appears these rods are not reproduced yet that I can tell.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thanks for the pics of the el camino parts. I can kind a tell when I'm looking for. Also dropped a couple PM's. Thanks for the quick responses. It appears these rods are not reproduced yet that I can tell.
Sorry to say this but you did pay the body shop to work on your car and i am sure it was not cheap they lost the parts on their watch . well you lost them you replace them why is it your responsibility now that they are finished and paid no no you lost, them you replace them that's what i would do. that,s negligence on their behalf. Now on the other hand if its a friend or family member that owns the shop that poses a sticky situation especially if you paid short money for a nice job now you have to look the other way ,BUT if you paid all the money they own it cut and dry. when somebody pays you and entrusts you to render them a service then you have to be diligent and responsible for all that that service entails that includes parts and labor . Alex

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The body shop did a great job. I would give them a 9.5 / 10. I'm sure they didn't loose them on purpose and it was a small part that probably got over looked. I didn't notice them missing until a while after it left the body shop. I had received a box of small part back with the car. I reached out to pnugene last night. I'll update this when I hear back from him.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Rods are on the way.

Reactions: LeoP

·
Registered
12,576 Posts
Thats whats great about this board. Right on guys.

Body shops & trans guys (no offense to anyone here) are too often shady.
Drove my 'El into the 1st of 2 shops (who never finished either) and towed out a stripped hulk of a body. No roof, trim tag, drivetrain interior T56 all of it..gone.
Only guy i know I trust is over 100 mi away and worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts