Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is just about ready for paint and I am trying to keep it close to original as possible. The car was Canadian built and I know the firewall is body color. I believe the floor originally was black primer if so where was the dividing line for the color change? What color were the wheel wells black? What color was the inside the trunk? I know that there was over spray in different areas but I can't bring myself to do that lol.

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
I'll tell you some of my experiences Dave. There are probably others on here with better knowledge than me. I have seen 67 Beaumonts with the firewall, underbody and trunk all done in exterior colour. Can't say if the Chevelles were done the same, but it would make sense. The one area that may be questionable for me would be the underbody :confused:

·
Registered
44 Posts
My original 67 had body color (Silverglaze) painted on the firewall and inside the trunk. My 66 vert also had similar paint Ermine/Provincial White for the firewall and trunk (there was some undercoating sprayed inside the trunk on top of the wheel wells but I'm not sure if this is factory). Front wheel wells were black and rear were body color. The under body could have been a combination of colors as my 66 had a type of Bright Blue first coat which carried on to the under body. Both cars were heavily undercoated (from the factory I believe ) with typical over spray to Canadian & Northern cars for the cold winters:D and wet weather.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I would imagine the under body was body color. I have seen it before but wasn't sure if it was factory or someones preference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts