Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kid has a 67 Chevelle that was bought with only the right side original bucket seat in it, the drivers seat had been replaced with a piece of sh#t bucket seat out of something. A buddy located a set of buckets in Colo. for us that were supposedly taken out of a 67 Chevelle a few years ago. They are identical in that they have the metal back and the metal that wraps around the base of the seat, but the bracket that bolts to the floor is completly different. Were these seats put into a different make of car or was this style seat used in other G.M. products in 1967 such as camaros?? Are there any other GM cars that we could obtain brackets from to match the bolt pattern in the '67 Chevelle??

[This message has been edited by SD67 (edited 02-06-99).]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Call James Hinshaw at Hinshaw's Chevelle.He has been restoring these beauties for about 20 yrs. and can answer any question you may have.1-336-226-8242.
John
(Don't want to start any supplier bashing just want to help someone get the correct info.)

[This message has been edited by John (edited 02-06-99).]

·
Administrator
3,376 Posts
All of the 'A' body cars used the same basic bucket seats with various vinyl and cloth patterns, but seeing as different floor pans are involved, the tracks are not the same. Camaro buckets are (f body) a different style.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I dropped off my buckets and rear seats for reconditioning and recovering by Mr. Hinshaw a week ago. Between the two buckets, I have one set of good tracks and asked him the same question. He felt like all A bodied cars should swap over. They would be Buick Skylark, Olds Cutlass, Pontiac GTO, or other Chevelles, all 66-72. He also is trying to adapt mounting rails over from bench seats, but that solution has yet to be proven out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.