Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kid has a 67 Chevelle that was bought with only the right side original bucket seat in it, the drivers seat had been replaced with a piece of sh#t bucket seat out of something. A buddy located a set of buckets in Colo. for us that were supposedly taken out of a 67 Chevelle a few years ago. They are identical in that they have the metal back and the metal that wraps around the base of the seat, but the bracket that bolts to the floor is completly different. Were these seats put into a different make of car or was this style seat used in other G.M. products in 1967 such as camaros?? Are there any other GM cars that we could obtain brackets from to match the bolt pattern in the '67 Chevelle??

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a 67 with the metal backed buckets. This may be a dumb question, but you do know that when the seats are out of the car, the brackets get all out of allignment right? You have to push it back into position.

OR
Someone may have put different brackets on it to put it in another car?

Could be Camaro seats, not sure.

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, I don't know why my kid reposted the question but I appreciate any help we can get. The slides have a different floor mount than the original seat, they have two mounting holes and one of the front mounts is actually a little taller than the others. I wish I knew what they came out of because somebody could be having as hard a time as I am trying to find the right parts. We are going ahead with the recovering of the seats anyway and hope to find the right bracket soon, as a last resort we will take it off and build to fit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you know for certain the seat you have is the correct seat? If I understand you the new seat mount is different. Sounds like my camaro mount but not sure, it stands like that. Try and look at a 67 that the seats haven't been removed from. Good luck guys!

Tazz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.