Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy a 10 bolt or 12 bolt to build for my 67 ElCamino
I will replace all internal parts,with NEW parts. I do not want to tie up the Elco while I do the work. I will powder coat the rear then rebuid. How much do think I will have to pay to get a good clean rear. The Elco will see no strip time so thats why a 10 would be ok. The Elco does have a
BBC . Thanks Gary

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
You should be able to find a Chevelle 10 bolt for just about free.
In fact, I recently threw out the original 10 bolt from my '67 Sedan.

I also recently purchased a bare 12 bolt housing for $300...which I blasted, coated, and built for the same '67.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
A 10 bolt is very cheap, or free. A 12 bolt is going to be quite expensive. The '67 12 bolt is a one year only rear end and high priced.

As for rebuilding it, the price for 10 and 12 bolt parts is the same. You can build them both for the same price, around $100 to $1200 if you replace everything. I can price all of the parts for you if you are interested. I can also price a new Moser 12 bolt for it.

·
Registered
14,704 Posts
You may just look for a 68 and up 10 bolt to use while you get yours rebuilt. the 68 and up rears are a lot more common and only a inch wider. Ive posted one on craigslist for 35 bucks and got no takers. Ive also given 3 away. jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts