Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone with a 66/67 with v-8 and powerglide take a couple of pictures of the powerglide kickdown linkage where it attaches to the carb and the firewall area. Or if anyone can point me inthe right direction we are converting a 66 that had a 6 to a v8 but I am not sure how the passing gear/kickdown linkage attaches. My car is a 4 speed so I don't have to worry about it but we are putting together another car for my nephew. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been trying to find the answer to the same question. Here's a picture of mine and I know its not right. http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj148/rdunruh/P2020512.jpg
The assembly manual shows it should have an adjustable clevis that slides on a ball stud attached to the carburetor. But I haven't been able to find anything like that. Hopefully, someone will be able to help.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You need a couple of parts: (1)the linkage from the carb to (2) the Z bar that attaches to 2 bolts that hold the trans to the engine block, (3) then the linkage rod that goes from the Z bar to the trans bracket that kicks the trans into low. A chassis manual and/or Fisher body manual specific to your year will give you the diagram you need. I'd head to a junk yard that deals with older models for parts, but to just see one installed, head to some car shows and look around. You'll do OK !

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don,

Would you be interested in parting with it? If so feel free to email me and we can work out the details. [email protected]

thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Can someone with a 66/67 with v-8 and powerglide take a couple of pictures of the powerglide kickdown linkage where it attaches to the carb and the firewall area. Or if anyone can point me inthe right direction we are converting a 66 that had a 6 to a v8 but I am not sure how the passing gear/kickdown linkage attaches. My car is a 4 speed so I don't have to worry about it but we are putting together another car for my nephew. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If I remember correctly the bellcrank attaches by two tranny bellhousing bolts. Once you get the right linkage it's pretty simple. I'll take a picture today....

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I couldn't get decent pictures but here is what I have. The car is a 1966 Chevelle that was originally a 6 cylinder/PG but now a 283/PG.....I had to make the kick down rod that attaches to the carb. I shortened a longer rod by cutting and welding the ends together. I did this 5 or 6 years ago and if I remember correctly the linkage came from a 1968 Chevelle donor.

The first picture is of the bell crank attached to the back of the engine. The rest are self explanatory.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I will head off to the junkyard and see what I can come up with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.