Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for the underdash ac fabric duct hoses for my 66 SS with factory air. By measuring the OD of the outlets on the ac plenum and the vents, I need about 5-6 feet of 2.75 " ID hose for the side vents and 1-2 feet of 3 " ID hose for the center vent. None of the parts houses I checked have them in the correct ID. McMaster Carr didn't even have it in the right size. Can anyone provide a supplier for these hoses? Thanks Wayne

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Have a NAPA store near you. The last I got from there.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Thomas. A quick search of the automotive parts houses yesterday turned up nothing, but your suggestion got me to dig deeper. Could not find anything on the NAPA website, but found exactly what I was looking for at Rock Auto - and only $2.77 per foot. I had to find a couple of Gates part numbers and search for them at Rock. I'm good to go now and I owe ya!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wayne,

What were the part # you found, I need the same 2 3/4 hose for my 68 Chevelle. I cannot find them anywhere.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve, The 2 3/4" ID hose comes in 6 ft lengths, is made by Gates, and is part number 23844. I got mine in 2 days from Rock Auto and they fit great. You need to do a part number search on Rock Auto's website and use 23844. I also needed a 3" hose and that part number is 2384. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks Wayne,
I just ordered the duct. I have been looking for 3 months.I am suprised that the Chevelle parts people dont carry this size duct.

Steve

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Hey guys, in 2005 I went under my dash, 67 malibu, and changed out all of the hoses, got this thru our local independent auto parts, worked great. I have been under the dash several time since (upgrading radio) and I have had no problem with them.
Four Seasons Duct Hose, P/# 55047 2 & 3/4" inside
Four Seasons Duct Hose P/# 55048 3" inside
The hose is very similar to your clothes dryer vent hose except much more flexable and easy to work with, it will bend and squeeze and not tear, it's dark gray or light black and comes in about 3 or 5 foot lenght. I only have a little left but I kept what was left in the original boxes.
sassy 67

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks sassy 67. I ended up getting the duct hose from Rock Auto. I finished installing the drivers side ducting last night. Now everything under the dash is in and the air blows out of the vents great. All thats left for me to buy is a condenser, then install it and the compressor, hook up the lines and charge the system. This is just in time too, its getting hot here north of Dallas in Frisco.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts