Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty decent looking 4-speed '66 SS396 here. Only $510 and no reserve...looks relatively solid, a little wavy but not too bad.

I love the no reserve auctions because you might catch people sleeping at the wheel and score something nice for cheap. In this case I'd say anything around $3500 or less would be a decent deal.

1966 Chevelle SS396 4-Speed

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw that...I would love to find something like this in an old body shop....

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
It's worth noting that this car was built in the Marina Blue w/ black bucket seat combo that everyone seems to love. I'd imagine that's good for value.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
It also came from the factory with the rear headrests, as indicated by the S after the 763 interior code!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Jeff I don't recall a RPO for the back seat headrest. Do you have any pictures of that

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
I owned an Aztec Bronze L78 SS Chevelle, with matching bronze interior, back in 1972-74. That car had optional front seat headrests but I have never heard of rear seat headrests, at least until now.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
Fat fingers or Autocorrect got me. That was supposed to say RARE headrests! Not REAR headrests!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

·
Registered
14,988 Posts
This just goes to show that a lot of forums (us) usually has opinions on the low side for these things. There are a lot of people out there not into forums.. I think it's just that quite a few of us has been in the car hobby so long that we still think a 66 chevelle roller is only worth $1500. Even though most of us haven't bought one for that price for over a decade. Jim

Reactions: Steve R

·
Registered
78 Posts
This just goes to show that a lot of forums (us) usually has opinions on the low side for these things. There are a lot of people out there not into forums.. I think it's just that quite a few of us has been in the car hobby so long that we still think a 66 chevelle roller is only worth $1500. Even though most of us haven't bought one for that price for over a decade. Jim
Well said Jim, I think we could all agree on that..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts