Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyones got these on their car yet and how they fit/line louvers holes and that sort of thing, and the quality. thanks jason

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Jason,
I can't actually answer this question for you. But I just installed a Repro 70-72 Cowl Ind hood (for about half the price of a GM hood), and if 66 and 70 repro hoods are made by the same company (call and ask one of the vendors if they are), then you will probably be very satisfied. After I got mine painted, I bolted it together, adjusted the fit and it is perfect. My son has an original CI hood on his 71, and so far I can't tell any noticeable difference between the 2.

------------------

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Jason,
I can't actually answer this question for you. But I just installed a Repro 70-72 Cowl Ind hood (for about half the price of a GM hood), and if 66 and 70 repro hoods are made by the same company (call and ask one of the vendors if they are), then you will probably be very satisfied. After I got mine painted, I bolted it together, adjusted the fit and it is perfect. My son has an original CI hood on his 71, and so far I can't tell any noticeable difference between the 2.

------------------

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
Hey, call GROUND UP FIRST!

-Joe Y

Thankful of GROUNDUP RESTO for sponsering Team Chevelle!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can tell you that the 69 SS repo hoods from Goodmark are excellent, with all the body lines matching perfectly to the header panel. I used one last summer before painting my car....I was very satisfied.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.