Team Chevelle banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!!!!!
I am in the process of redoing all the chrome pieces on the dash of my 66 SS, after taking the glove box bezel off, I broke the fascia/insert thats underneath the chrome bezel, after looking in various catalogs I'm
confused about what you get. In the OPG catalog it shows glove box fascia chrome, the picture shows the chrome bezel with the insert underneath, they have it for Malibu and SS for 50 bucks, In the Year-One catalog it just shows glove box bezel and say's insert not included for about the same money.
Does this fascia piece come with the chrome bezel? if not where can you get them?

Rocky Hill

------------------
A Man And His Chevelle!
It's A Beautiful Thing.

My66SS

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Rocky, I don't believe the black inner panel or the clear lense are reproduced (yet). (the 67 inner panel is included because it's all one piece, no lense). You can only get the outer chrome bezel. I'm pretty sure the SS and the Malibu inner panels and lenses are the same (I have both). The inner panel actually says "Malibu" inder the "Super Sport emblem. You should not have too much difficulty finding one of these. Just post in the wanted section.

------------------
Tom Wood
Gold Member #66
502 Powered '66 SS

Some pictures of my '66 under construction;
My 66 Pictures

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am I bummed! the fascia that was coming from Texas showed up today, and I knew it was going to be bad when the UPS man showed up and the box was bent at about a 60 deg angle, it was sent c.o.d. so befor I gave the check to the UPS man I opened up the box, the part was broken in about 4 pieces, so I'm back to looking for a glove box fascia for a 66, if anyone has one for a SS or a Malibu, same fascia, please let me know, I am still needing one, last piece so I can put my dash back together.

Rocky Hill

------------------
A Man And His Chevelle!
It's A Beautiful Thing.

My66SS

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rocky -

That's awefull to hear. It used to be you could get 'em in two pieces. When Goodmark releases them this summer, it will be one solid piece, and lemme tell ya, they look awesome. Paired up with the new radio faceplate, intrament bezel, and upper dash strip, looks great.

Ausley's might have some around, but they're quality is suck. Though they do have 66 Tach's available now too, the quality is yet unseen. The first round of glove box fascia's they sold, the chrome would rub off after literally only a few rub downs.

Good luck my friend. IF you're near the Portland, OR area first weekend of April, catch the swapmeet. 2nd largest in the US.

------------------
-Andrew
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts