Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 14x6 steel wheel today and by searching this section belive it to ba a 66SS wheel. It has 14x6JK stamped on inside of wheel underneath it is also a small 12 and a small 6. Also has the kelseyhayes made in USA logo on the inside . Had seen one post where a member had a wheel with the small 12 under the 14x6JK, but havent seen mention of the 6. It has GM with 65 under it on front of center section. By the valve stem is just a 6 nothing else. The measurement from back side of center section to edge of wheel is approx. 4.5"

·
Premium Member
66 Chevelle SS396 & 66 Chevelle 327 Convertible.
7,194 Posts
Sounds like correct rim for a 66SS or 67 SS. The center section was manufactured and stamped (the GM & 65). I think that would mean for a GM Rim and Manufactured in 1965. The outer rim section was manufactured with a rim size and style, thus the 14x6 (size) and the JK (style). Not sure about the 12 and the 6; but some of my rims also have little numbers stamped there. Then the two pieces were welded together at some point and the code stamped by the valve stem. So the date the rim, the center section, & when they were mated are generally not the same. Some of my rims have a just a 6 stamped by the valve stem, some have just an A, some have a 6 & A3. Are you lucky enought to have 3 66/67 chevelles?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts