Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Folks,

I want to get a period correct window sticker for my 1966 Chevelle SS. First, does any one have a clean, complete original they can send to me as a PDF? I want to clearly see what an original window sticker looks like, how options are listed etc. Second, does anyone have a good site they can recommend for ordering the reproduction sticker?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Re: Reproduction window sticker

also I have one and very pleased with it for what it is. but it looks as real as a three dollar bill if you ever saw a real one. so they wont fool any one if that is what your after. but does make for a good conversation at car shows

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

The vin should be on a rubber stamp not printed

·
Super Moderator
1966 Chevelle SS396
8,281 Posts

The vin should be on a rubber stamp not printed
Oh?

This is a one owner car, still owned by the original owner, so as I said, I'm confident it is real.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
The dealer could have given a reissue one of the orginal one printed at the assembly plant was no good or the dealer added some options and reprinted one. Or I am wrong about the stamp. The original ones I have looked were stamped. Where's Jeff when you need him

·
Registered
1970 SS 396 25-C, 1966 SS R-R
855 Posts
It could be a difference from plant to plant, my Atlanta window sticker has the 138176A printed and the last six numbers stamped.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
66-67 Fremont stickers do NOT all have the separate rubber stamped sequence number.

Reactions: davewho1

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Thanks Jeff was Fremont the ony one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts