Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The interior ctsy lamp on the back of the console is supplied with unswitched voltage and activated by grounding switches at the door jam. My two interior ctsy lamps, above the kick panels, under the dash are ignition switched and again activated via the grounding of the door jam switches. Is this correct??? I thought they both would of been on the same circuit and not seperate with one being ignition activated. I am getting the car back together after 8 years and having nightmares with poor grounds because of painted surfaces. Thanks in advance, Bill

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The ctsy lamps power feed is an orange wire that connects at the fule block. If you connect it to the "BAT FUSED" connection on the fuse block the ctsy lights will not be switched and will go on whenever either door is opened or the light switch is rotated CCW.

------------------
TC member 368
My ElCamino 1
My ElCamino 2
My ElCamino 3

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize there was a orange lead on the fuse box that I could switch from one position to another. I will check it out when I get home tonight. I would prefer to have the lights by the kick panels battery fused just like the console light. Thanks again, Bill

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I switched the connector last night and the interior lights now work perfectly. They now all work off of battery fused. Thanks I would not of figured this out without your heads up on the connector at the fuse box. The people on this site are the best!
Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts