Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally started working on my wife's 66 convert. I noticed the drivers side wheel well has the divit for a power booster. This is a non power car. My hardtop (non power) does not have the divit either. Can anyone verify for me if the non power cars had these or has this one been replace? I was also thought these wheel wells were not required until 67 to clear the power disc break boosters.

Also Merry Xmas from the Winter Wonderland, Michigan.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I put a '67 power booster and disc brakes on my '66 hardtop. It does not have any special indentation for the power unit, nor does it appear to need any additional clearance in the fender well.

[This message has been edited by ED1966SS (edited 12-20-1999).]

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll try to remember to check my '66 SS tonight when I get home - it has the original inner fenders in it. If I forget, please feel free to email me!

------------------
Stan Hanek
'66 SS - 396 4 sp.
[email protected]

·
Registered
131 Posts
There is no divot on my original inner fenders for a non-disk '66.

------------------
Stan Hanek
'66 SS - 396 4 sp.
[email protected]

·
Registered
117 Posts
My 66 Malibu has the indentation on the inner fender but did not have power brakes. The 66 4 door parts car I bought had power brakes and the indentation. Looks like there was no logic to which inner fender panels they used.
It has ben refered to many times, they used what they had on hand at the moment.

------------------
Bob Murray 66 Malibu
Greenfield, Indiana (Indianapolis)
TC Gold #49
Aces #01941
NCOA #20838

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information. Looks like my wife's convert will have the idented well wheel and assume it is original. Hopefully you will see this car at Chevellabration 2001 if we make it past 1/1/00. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My non-power brake 66 has the dents also.

------------------
66 Big-Block Chevelle Houston, TX ACES#3321

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.