Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a way to remove the ignition switch and key tumbler without the key? I know that with the key in and turned to acc. you can remove the tumbler by inserting a pin in the small hole. I need to remove the tumbler and switch without damaging the dash or the 50" plastic strip, and I don't have the key. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dave, I believe the '66 is just like my '67, and I just had the switch out. The bezel unscrews from the front. After you get it off, the switch and the tumbler will come out through the back of the dash. Disconnect the wiring and you can play with the tumblers on the kitchen table. Good Luck!!

------------------
Don - '67 Modified Malibu
"Under Construction"
Gold #43

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
If you need a key, your local Chevy dealer probably has one on a "giant" ring of keys. My buddy at a dealership has a couple of these rings with about a 100 or so each. Try till you find it, then have one made. You can't do this with the late models but the early keys were fairly simple. Another source is a good salvage (excuse me recycle parts center) they have similar collections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.