Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to put a set of Dynomax headers on a factory '66 El Camino 396 car. There was no way they would fit. Called ******, where I bought them, and the guy basically told me that I had my head lodged, or that the car wasn't really a bigblock car. Ended up with Hooker headers (bought from Jeg's), took 12 minutes to install them. Has anybody put Dynomaxes on a '66 bigblock?

------------------

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought a set of Flowtech Terminator Ceramic headers for my SB 66 Malibu. Fit like a glove and look beautiful.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I tried the dynomax because of price but the same thing on my 66 with a 454 they wouldn't fit at all. I bought Headmans and they fit but are tight on the passenger side a bit.

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
It seems like the dyno's don't fit on a BB. But I want to share my experience. I bought the Dynos for my 64 again as the others above because of price. On a small block 327 I found they fit very well I had them installed and on my way to the muffler shop in 30 minutes.(all right I'm a novice and only a kid of 16 years.)
I just wanted to mention this so this post doesn't detour potential purchasers of the dynos if they have a small block. Hooker Super Comps do work very well on big blocks though , I must say, they went in very well on my moms 454 in a 67' Camaro.
Good Luck to all, Steve

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I've found it's a lot harder to fit a big block 66 with power steering. (The shaft sits alot closer to the exhaust.) Rick

------------------

·
5,855 Posts
I installed Hooker Comps on my 68 Elky SS w/ big block. They fit so well they didn't even scratch the Airborn coating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.