Chevelles.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I re-wired my car with a after market wiring kit, it didn't come with one. My question is are the 66/67 the same I will order one from ground up.

·
Registered
877 Posts
What wiring kit did you use?

It's a tan wire, I believe.

66 and 67 are different in that a 66 passes from inside to the underside of the car under the back seat. A 67 passes through in the trunk next to the license plate light.

It's one continuous wire from the rear body connector all the way to the tank.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got it from American autowire classic update factor fit. I seen the one ground up has, not looking for original look with my car. I just need it for the gas gauge to work. I don't no why the kit doesn't come with one.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Do you have the rear body harness with tail lights and back up lights, lt grn, dark grn ,brown and a tan for the fuel gauge?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rear harness was a mess when I removed from the car. That tan wire didn't have anything on the end of it. The gas tank was also gone.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I was referring to the new harness.

I find it hard to believe that there is no fuel sender wire.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iam sorry the new kit has a tan wire, but no rubber connector on the end of it. That connects to the gas tank.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Ok, now that I think of it, mine didn't either. But. I'm using a Tanks inc tank, so not stock and didn't
I think about it.

If I remember tomorrow I'll pull my old harness out and see what it looks like. I was just looking at it today for reference.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The part number from ground up is 28495. Can I just tie into the tan line to make it work.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I looked that up last night, it says fits 67. I assume it would work. It has the male connector, all you would need is a female connector on your tan wire from the harness.

It looks like the connection would be inside the back seat pan.

My AAW kit came with quite a few spare connectors.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Here is my original harness. A little different than the 67 but looks like you're on the right track with that ground up part.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I gonna go and order up that part iam sure it should work. Thanks for the trouble getting that out. Like i said the end it was cut or ripped off at sometime.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts