Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching this forum trying to figure out how to unbolt the front bench seatbelts to replace carpet. The bolts and brackets have plastic covers around and underneath them making it impossible to unbolt them without destroying the plastic covers. I notice the pictures of belts in various threads that have been removed are missing these covers. Is the only way to unbolt them is to cut the plastic covers off?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
When new I believe these covers were probably flexible enough to be moved to get at the bolts for installation.When I removed mine I cut the part that goes underneath so I could slide the cover up and get at the bolt then just slid the covers back down after installing the bolts. Inline tube has a set of covers advertised on Ebay,not sure if these would be correct or not?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were either flexible enough to get a 13/16th wrench down the belt or the part that covers the belt was some kind of shrink wrap that was heated after the bolt was tightened.

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
How you remove them without breaking them is to carefully push the belt webbing into the plastic cover, forcing the belt webbing towards the bolt into the sleeve.
Eventually it will stand up and give you enough room to put a socket on the bolt to remove it without ruining the cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts