Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone tried the jegs 66 chevelle dash pad, says injection molded urethane.
The pad in my car is toast. Of course I gave away a really nicely recovered 66 dash that I thought I'd never need.
My car is not a show car, just looking for something that fits decent and looks better than the cracked original in the car now.
Also since im going to be in there anyway, the trim panels around the radio and above the glove box on my car looks like its the natural beige plastic. Are these suppose to be Chrome?
Im debating weather to just paint them black and leave them or if the chrome is correct?
jim

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
Also since im going to be in there anyway, the trim panels around the radio and above the glove box on my car looks like its the natural beige plastic. Are these suppose to be Chrome?
Im debating weather to just paint them black and leave them or if the chrome is correct?
jim
Chrome is correct.

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It figures. And if I have to pull the dash or at least drop the dash down to swap out the pad it would be a good time to replace all the bezels. On my 67 I didnt want to remove the dash so I just replaced the glove box and radio bezel, and tried some chrome paint on the Speedo. It looked like crap.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Jim,
Please let us know where you buy the dash bezels and how they fit. I'm trying to decide what to do on my 66. The originals are starting to yellow and i'm trying to decide if i should have the originals rechromed or just buy repros.
Craig

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Craig, its probably going to be awhile. Not sure what's next on the car, maybe a cheap stereo, Ive been looking at those us mag torque thrust look alikes, getting the posi and gears installed in the 12 bolt. OR just say the heck with it and leave it as is. Jim

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Jim,
No problem, i was just trying to do my homework on the quality of the repros.
Craig
BTW - i looked at those wheels as well and found nothing but positives about the quality.

·
Registered
14,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just sold off my weld pro stars tonight, the cars running drag lites 8.5 and 3.5's im thinking of 15x7 and the same size tires on all four corner. Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts