Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 66 Chevelle
So I purchased the Detroit Speed Wiper Assembly for a Can Style wiper, since this was on the car but not hooked up when I purchased it. The wiper arm transmission would not hook up, to short. Purchased a new one for the 66 Chevelle but same issue. Detroit Speed Tech support, says I have a Wiper Arm assembly for a Box Style, which is 1.5 shorter.
Does anybody know where I can purchased the Can Wiper Transmission for a 66 Chevelle. Seems all Vendors offer the one size for Box style. The only other option I have, is to send back the motor to Detroit Speed and have them re-configure the Park position and mounting.

Box Style is 25 inches center to center
Can Style is 26.5 inches center to center
Thanx Guys.:hurray:

· Registered
5,900 Posts
"Can" style wiper motors were never factory installed on '66 or '67 Chevelles.

Maybe Detroit speed expects you to use the wiper linkage from a '64 or '65 Chevelle? Not sure if the holes in the cowl grille are in the the same location from 64/65 - 66/67, but the overall linkage length should be the same for the 2 body styles.

· Premium Member
755 Posts
I installed the Detroit select a speed wiper motor in my el camino 8 to 9 years ago with out problems and I will say that it's much better then stock. The stock 2 speed is fast and faster while the select a speed is perfect for driving in a mist. I remember having to change the mounting plate position but other then that everything went fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.