Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to the body shop today to get the rusted one removed and put new one in my question is will it be okay to leave off the two braces that go from trunk to quarter panel because i have to put quarter patch panels on both sides of the car they were done long ago now they need to be re-done again thanks.:hurray:

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I believe it will be fine I just put a quarter skin on my 66 and a trunk pan. and the pan was done first then i did the skin and welded the ext from under were they made contact plus i think you want to get them right up under the pan

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
If you dont mind what did they wack you to install the pan my brother and i were trying to guess. Plus did they weld in the gas tank braces and the braces from the body mounts to the bottom of the trunk pan and how did they finish the weldes with primerand then undercoat or paint?

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i wood like to the pictures of your car. i have been collecting parts for my car since i got it last june now its time to put it back together.:hurray:

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I would like to some pics also. 1200. doesnt sound that bad but I take it your doing it all yourself, I see you have a metal shop in ct were about. I am in new haven.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
still waiting for pictures of the work you had done on your car so i can get a ideal on what its going to take to do the work i need done thanks.:hurray:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.