Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at an ad for a 66 Chevelle SS with a factory 427. Did they put a 427 in that year? Never heard of one. Any help would be appreciated about the rarity or if this would be worth more than the 396- 375 horse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
I guess it wouldn't be worth pursuing the matter then. Sounds like a scam car. Sure sounded good though, till the bubble burst.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bob R:
I am looking at an ad for a 66 Chevelle SS with a factory 427. Did they put a 427 in that year? Never heard of one. Any help would be appreciated about the rarity or if this would be worth more than the 396- 375 horse.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
One thing that should not be overlooked in purchasing a '66 or '67 that has had a 427 transplanted is if it is a special high performance Corvette engine. In that case, if the purchase price is low enough one could buy the Chevelle, resell the 427 to a Corvette afficianado and then install a more correct 396 (presuming that it was an SS Chevelle to begin with).

Considering the labor and logistics of the above scenario, I'm sure it would be cheaper to seek out a numbers matching SS 396 to begin with.

Best wishes, Thomas

P.S. Just buy the 427 Chevelle and bring it down to the dragstrip to play.

------------------
"Bomber" '67 El Camino, Beater comes back to life.
Was 350/TH350 14.90 @ 93mph, 360,000+ miles on car
Now 406 roller, 340rwhp, more hp coming, 3.08 gears
Street radials, left in drive, 13.20 [email protected] mph
8/1/01 added Plum Mist '67 to collection
*New* 468 on its way - going Big Block!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.