Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,my friend got a `66 chevelle SS396 conv`t.with black interior and wants to swap it for the bright blue interior,he has bought the whole bright blue interior,his questions are where can he get the correct paint to paint the seat backs,upper door panel and dash board?are these suppost to be a metalic color as the seat covers look to be metalic?any info appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I hear SEM makes very nice paint in spray cans. I personally never painted interior parts so I cant say how well it looks.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
I just did my dash and other interior metal pieces. I used PPG lacquer.

Technically, if he cares, there are 2 different shades of interior paint. 0% gloss and a bit darker for top of dash and 60% gloss for lower dash and the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just did my dash and other interior metal pieces. I used PPG lacquer.

Technically, if he cares, there are 2 different shades of interior paint. 0% gloss and a bit darker for top of dash and 60% gloss for lower dash and the rest of the interior.

Yea actually he does care and wants it to be 100% correct,where can he get correct PPG codes from?

Thanks

·
Registered
707 Posts
SEM is not the proper paint for the application you are talking about...PPG or similar automotive paint is the way to go...and it is super easy to scratch those pieces when installing door panels and window mouldings and what not...

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Shoot, thats right. The seat backs would be metal in this case so using the SEM paints I mentioned would not be the best to use. Those are all metal parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts