Team Chevelle banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went home today and looked at my dad's chevelle that he's had for about 5 years (everytime I go home I do this, but haven't had a chance in awhile). Its has the original motor (supposed to be 396/360) but I haven't personally seen the paperwork to prove it although he does have everything including window sticker, POP, buildsheet, etc. Its black with red interior, bucket seats, auto.... I have some picture but can't insert them, but I would be glad to e-mail to someone that would like to post them or to just see them, just PM with your e-mail address. So what do ya think its worth, eventhough he will never sell it. Also if you do see the pics, do you see anything that is wrong (not original with the car) from what you can tell.

Looks dirty but it has been under a shed for about 3 years and hasn't been washed or driven in about 4 months:noway: ...

Thanks for the link...

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t15/volk202020/

Theres some pictures

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Wow, sweet car..:cool:

Im a 66 guy also, but a cant comment on the originality and what might not be correct. Mine is more on the hot rod side of things.

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,151 Posts
Don't let that one rot out in the elements. Clean that up, coat of wax, and git er' in a covered garage for gods sake !!!
I agree! Find time to clean that car up and some how get it out of the elements. I am sure your Pops wont mind... you could be the the one to regrete it if you dont!
Better yet get Pops to to sell it to you for a fair price... then you wont have to live with the memorys of what could have been.
Let us know if the #s match on the engine and list tag #s and the experts here will give you a good idea of what you have and maybe a put a fair value on it for you.
Dont forget a true 66SS can be a very desirable and valuable piece of history!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't been able to check the numbers personally but i will do that when I see the car again. I took a picture of the trim tag, but the picture came out to blurry and you can't see the numbers so I will have to get those too. I have tried to get him to sell me the car, but he won't. He said he would when he found a 67 SS just like it (that is really the one that he wants). I've also tried to get him to put it into his shop, but he doesn't have enough room (at least that is what he says).

I did talk him into taking it to a couple cruise ins this season so maybe he won't let it sit out anymore once he sees other cars and the potential this one has.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Black on red would be my first choice if I do another 66. I bet it looks great cleaned up! I would think the value would be considerable with paperwork and if it's a 360 hp car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't ya like the cup holder? Clock is in the trunk, but it doesn't work anymore. Knew the radio wasn't original, but what is wrong with the gauges? I've looked at a couple other SS's but they seem to look like the ones in this car.

The ebay auction looks nice... my dad's car has about 95,000 original miles and it also isn't a 4-speed so I would imagine it would bring that value down just a little. I really wish I could get him to do something with this car, but its hard with the amount of time he works...

·
Premium Member
8,123 Posts
Black / red combo was not that common in 66 ......post the the trim tag so we can confirm the original color .... some minor underhood things are not correct .thermostat housing, rad cap etc .......one thing that is interesting is the car has what looks like a factory fan shroud ........never installed on non air cars and not original to that car since it still has the original finger guard on rad HD cooling cars had clutch fan and shroud but never the finger guard .......which is usually broken off

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Don't ya like the cup holder? Clock is in the trunk, but it doesn't work anymore. Knew the radio wasn't original, but what is wrong with the gauges? I've looked at a couple other SS's but they seem to look like the ones in this car....
Well I'll tell ya... not having a cupholder in my 66 has been inconvienent on occassion, but mines a benchseat so I couldn't utilize the console clock hole .... but then again with the automatic I'd have a free hand anyway.:beers: :D The underdash aftermarket gauges are the ones I was talking about... not the ones in the cluster.;)

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,151 Posts
Has anybody seen or have the cup holders that are made for our Chevelles that you take out the ashtry and stick this puppy in that opening? Any good or junk? I think I might have seen them on Ebay, not sure? I do remember they were kind of pricey for a piece of plastic.

Dan

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok... I forgot about the gauges under the dash completely when I was reading the post... I understand now... Yea those are definitely after market... Im gonna go see the car again next week so I hope I can get some numbers for the experts on the site.

Anyone know a good place to get the clock reworked... I was thinking of doing that for a Father's Day present this year... (it would benefit me and him, but don't tell him that!)

Thanks for the comments and keep em coming...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts