Chevelles.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if a reclining passenger bucket seat ws available for the 66 chevelle. I have only seen it twice. Once in a beautiful loaded 66 chevelle vert and again in a 66 gto.

Thanks,
John

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Yes, the passenger recline bucket seat was available in 66, as well as head rests, and power drivers seat.
Rare option

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rock, do you have a reclining bucket seat? If you do does the seat recline smoothly?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
No I don't have them, I have never seen factory 66 reclining seats and have never found an option code for them. I just thought droptop396 might know what the code is beings he posted that it's a rare option.

A41 is 4 way power seat, A46 is 6 way power seat, A51 is strato bucket seats, and A81 & A82 strato ease headrests for buckets and bench. Rember the bench seat was standard equipment.

Rocky

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
I have seen original passenger recline seats for sale over the years, Nope don't know the code but have seen them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a passenger bucket seat thing only. Not a drivers bucket.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
The passenger seat would have been the only one to recline.
Here is post from 1998,

Name: Ken
Email: <[email protected]>
Comments: Question? found a pair of 66 bucket seats with head rests. the pass.side is a reclining bucket seat. drivers side is power. did 66 chevelles have this option?
- Saturday, October 31, 1998 at 06:41:45

maybe try his E-mail to see what he found out

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I don't know if it's true or not, but some where
I read that you get the passenger recliner when you ordered the power drivers seat. I have both in my 67. The recliner came from a 66 Riviera. It works very smooth and will lock in any position as compared to 4 or 5 knotches that usually recliners have.
Roger

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can anyone verify what 67 shovel states that in 1966 cars that a reclining bucket seat was installed if the driver's power bucket seat option is selected. I bought a reclining 66 seat and I would like to restore and install in my 66 but only if it is correct. I know its a 66 GM seat as the seat frames and metal sides match my non reclining seat including for this year only no side or back of seat button. 1967 started the side and back of seat buttons. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts