Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Chevelle SS396 & 66 Chevelle 327 Convertible.
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help finding the insulation that goes under the dash on a 66 chevelle. Orderded some; but just got 2- 5"x24" pieces, not nearly enought to cover the area. What do I do just order more pieces or is there some place I can get a kit for a 66 chevelle. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Jim

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I believe there are 2 kits available, one for the firewall and 1 that goes up underneath the dash. I have both kits for my 67, though I will probably use some Dynamat like material instead. The kit with the smaller pieces goes up under the metal part of the dash that sticks out from the firewall. Not sure exactly how it goes yet, but the pieces are not that big as you describe.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Dynamat is a sound deadening material. It cuts down on road noise. It works much better than the old jute stuff. It's only about 1/8" thick, and will probably work with the stock replacement stuff. I heard it also insulates too. And if you have a good stereo system it will make it sound better. Did you try Year One for the firewall insulation?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts