Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the interior dash/dome lights, radio, even the afternmarket light inside the tach & oil/temp guages does not come on when car is running/not running but the guages seem to be working on my 66 chevelle . Any help would be great,,,thanks! :confused:

·
Premium Member
18,161 Posts
Have you checked the fuse(s)?

Chris.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I would first check the fuse and then the light switch.

·
Registered
519 Posts
in 66 only would be on if lights are on and headlamp switch is turned up high enough. Try turning it full on and see what happens.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the responses. I didnt check the fuses (DUH!!)...I will check them tonight. I did, though, pull the switch all the way and turned the knob for the interior lights to work and they didnt. The radio, dome light, aftermarket lights built into the guages dont work either. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
If this is the factory radio, it will not light-up unless the radio is ON.

Your dome light should come on when rotate the headlight knob fully clock-wise, or of course open a door. Check the 20 amp courtesy fuse for that issue.

Your dash lights only illuminate with the headlight switch pulled out to the 1st or second detent positions. Check the 4 amp "LMPS" fuse for issues here, or the 20 AMP "tail" fuse, as this is the primary feed for the input of the lamps circuit for the dash.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everyone for the responses/help...I feel real stupid but it was the fuse that was bad. Thanks again!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts