Team Chevelle banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the car is close to being done, I'll post some pics.

I bought the car about 6-7 years ago. But didn't get started on in untill about 2 years ago, built this nova in the mean time

It was in a barn for about 15 years prior.

I've always been a fan of Smokey Yunick, and love the '66 Chevelle of his, so I wanted to build this car with Smokeys as an inspiration. So I had Jason Rushforth come up with a rendering.

And the build began. I narrowed the frame and rear tubs 3" per side.

I built a cowl plenum air induction, radiator cover and close out.

Got Under Construction mini feature in PHR;

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Just awesome.

Cowl plenum / induction - it looks to be rigid / solid. Doesnt it need to be able to flex a bit at the firewall or at the carb enclosure due to engine movement or is it so minimal (solid mounts perhaps) that its not an issue?

Thats a bad dude right there. :hurray::thumbsup:

I had two questions but I zoomed in on the specs in the article and low and be-hold.....:D

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
What brand/make is that splined front sway bar?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
What brand/make is that splined front sway bar?
You did the same thing I did with my two questions that turned into 1

My other question was what rear gears are in the moser....but then I zoomed in and its there in the scanned pic.

Its a speedway motors sway bar / air ride endlinks. Its in the article above with the specs in it. Im only speaking out of turn because I am here and I am bored....and I dont get to help anyone unless its something like this. And that makes me feel good. :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just awesome.

Cowl plenum / induction - it looks to be rigid / solid. Doesnt it need to be able to flex a bit at the firewall or at the carb enclosure due to engine movement or is it so minimal (solid mounts perhaps) that its not an issue?

Thats a bad dude right there. :hurray::thumbsup:

I had two questions but I zoomed in on the specs in the article and low and be-hold.....:D
Thanks. There is actually a gap between the intake and firewall, where I plan to put some sort of rubber.

But really, it could be solid, as I'm running solid motor mounts.

For those who ask about the sway bar, search this area, there's a whole thread about it.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Thanks. There is actually a gap between the intake and firewall, where I plan to put some sort of rubber.

But really, it could be solid, as I'm running solid motor mounts.

For those who ask about the sway bar, search this area, there's a whole thread about it.
Thank you.

Adding this to my favorite cars on the site and subscribing to the thread. Cant wait to see the end result. :thumbsup::hurray:

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I searched it up, thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
WOW, Thats awesome!! Nice job Mark :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Nice work!! I too have a 66', can you tell us more about the custom dash? I'd like to attempt something like that (I have a spare dash).

Thanks,
Tod

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice work!! I too have a 66', can you tell us more about the custom dash? I'd like to attempt something like that (I have a spare dash).

Thanks,
Tod
Thanks.

I bent a piece of metal to the same contour as the dash, cut the pod holes with a hole saw, and then welded in pieces of tubing for the pods.

Smoothing around the pods was very time consuming, as theres not much more to get your fingers in there.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts