Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any one could send me some pictures of a pair of 66 bucket seats i am trying to find a pair for my 66 chevelle and am having trouble telling different years appart if any one can tell me the differences in 66, 67 and 68 that would help also if i got 67 or 68 bucket seats would 66 covers fit and last what others cars have the same seats that would work for a 66 chevelle if i used 66 chevelle covers please help [email protected] if you have any pics thanks
matt

·
Registered
49 Posts
Matt,

I just went through this looking for some 67 bucket seats.

66 & 67 both have metal backs and lower covers, the difference between the two is that the 67 has a lock for the seat back, which is located on the side.

67 & 68 are the same except the 68 has a plastic back and lower covers. All three have the same size frame for the uphostery.

It helped me when I found out that the seats in a Cutlass, GTO, Lemans, Skylark and maybe others, are all the same. They just use a different upholstery.

I bought a set of restorable 67 seats from a Cutlass for $150.00 and have seen seats advertised as 67 SS seats in the same condition sell for $300.00.

I got all of the above information on this site. So a search and you may be surprised at what you get.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Matt,

The easy way to spot a 66/67 Bucket seat is by the metal lower moldings and the seat back molding is metal. Now the difference for the 67 seat is that it has a locking seat back with a chrome button. Remember that A body buckets are the same, I ended up using a set of 66 GTO seats for my 66 Chevelle and had them recovered using Chevelle pattern upolsterey.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys i was wondering about a lock relese on the back of the seat back if any one would go to ebay and check this out for me the item number is 2417544368 are these 66 buckets if i am correct 66 seats dont have a relsease button at all right ?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Those aren't 66 or 67 seats. Lock button would be on the side for a 67. Possibly Chevelle but later model 68 or newer?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Look at #2417712621 67 seats

Or #2418140394 either 66 or 67

·
Premium Member
17,416 Posts
Any A-body seats from 1966-1972 can be covered with the 66 covers...

There are also buckets from cars like 66 and up Novas/Chevy II, full-size GMs (Impala, Catalinas, etc), as well as Buick Rivieras, Olds Toronados, and I have even seen one Cadillac with similar buckets, stock...

All are generally the same, but there will be the locking button differences, as well as some having chrome trim on the backs, etc...

One thing to be aware of though, is that the seat tracks are gennerally specific to A-bodys, so those would have to be swapped... I recall recently seeing reproduction seat tracks somewhere...

Corvettes, Camaros/Firebirds and Corvairs use a different style seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts