Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reassembling my '66 frame & brake lines. I had a 10 bolt differential, and that had a bracket bolted to it for the brass tee that divides the 2 rear brake lines. This bracket bolted on using the one - centered - uppermost bolt used for the differential cover, and the 10 bolt cover is notched out for this bracket to lay flat against the cover.
Now I have a '67 12 bolt differential going in and I don't know what the proper brass tee bracket mount looks like for the 12 bolt. There is no longer a centered - uppermost bolt on a 12 bolt to use for my 10 bolt mount.

Can anyone please show me a picture of what the factory did to mount the brass tee centered on the 12 bolt differential?

I have searched most of my usual Chevelle parts sites for a new bracket for a 12 bolt with no avail.

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EXCELLENT, Tony - Thank You!

I'm also going to order their 3 flex hose kit for my '66, as their kit includes crush washers for the front 2 lines (according to their ad picture), and return the washer-less lines I bought elsewhere.

(I'll talk to them about these crush washers when I place the order.)

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Received the 12 bolt mounting bracket, along with their flex line kit today - complete with 3 flex lines, 2 crush washers, factory style mtg. clips, and even a new brake line tee.

Thank you Inline Tube! (and thanx again to Tony for the info.!)

·
Premium Member
17,566 Posts
Received the 12 bolt mounting bracket, along with their flex line kit today - complete with 3 flex lines, 2 crush washers, factory style mtg. clips, and even a new brake line tee.

Thank you Inline Tube! (and thanx again to Tony for the info.!)
No problem... I need to place an order soon too... I think I want that bracket, and I need the front dual master conversion line kit (BLK103LM), as I used the set I had for my El Camino...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts