Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will 67 clutch and brake pedals fit in a 66??
I have a 66 convertible but have 67 pedals.
will they work? I heard they're not "right" but I just want them to fit (work)

thanks

------------------

·
Registered
826 Posts
For real? Why wouldn't they work? Who told you that?

For the record, I am NOT an expert on this at all, but I just can't imagine that the brake and clutch pedals would be different on these model years. Heck, the two years almost LOOK the same. Why wouldn't the pedals work? You've really got me curious on this one. Who can answer this?
(Personally, I believe they would definitely fit simply because I know there is a margin of crossover in parts fit in this area. Others have said that Camaro/Nova pedals of similar years will swap. I can't imagine a one year difference in Velles being a big deal.)

------------------
Tom H.
Member #259
Indianapolis,IN www.iquest.net/~bharold/chevelle/

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Most 64-67 brake and clutch parts are the same so I dont see why they wouldn't. Maybe there is a slight difference in appearance that might hurt you in a car show.

Rick
67ss bb
TC #326

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ray, I posted the very same question maybe a month or so ago. The pedals are not the same but I'm sure they will work. I'm trading Jake in Va. my auto stuff for his stick shift stuff. Kind of cool we met here. I also had a spare auto brake pedal that I'm trading for another guy with a 69. It might not be exact but it looks like it will fit and function. Just for the fun of it I'm going to look up the part numbers to see whats what. I post the info when I find it.
Good Luck, Rick

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
The pedals will not work. I know from experience that 64-66 will interchange, but 67 won't. If you have a 66, find the earlier pedals. The 67 pedals are curved to fit a different housing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I used 65 El Camino clutch and brake pedals and put them in a 67 El Camino, I used all the parts from the 65 and they worked. I also have a couple of sets of 65 GTO clutch and brake pedals and they are the same as the 65 El Camino pedals.

·
Registered
826 Posts
So we have one side saying they WILL work and one side saying they WON'T work. Clear as mud.
If they changed them, then does that mean that the '67 pedals will work on the '68 and '69 cars, or was the '67 pedal setup work for only 1967 cars and nothing else?
What was redesigned on the '67 that made the pedal setup different? I'm talking function here, not appearance. Did they change the relative location of the floor, firewall, dash, and steering column? For one year only?

------------------
Tom H.
Member #259
Indianapolis,IN www.iquest.net/~bharold/chevelle/

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Guys, 67 is by itself. I tried to use 66 clutch & brake pedals in my 67, and the brake pedal will not work. The curve of the arm & the offset of the swivel does not fit the housing. You can use the clutch pedal however although it does differ in appearance from 64-66.

·
Registered
111 Posts
OK,I looked in the parts book and the pedals
have differant P.N.'s for 64-66 and then 67 is another P.N. I do know that a friend with a 69 stick shift is going to auto and using a
auto brake pedal from a 66. Help me out Paul
did you get it in yet? P.S. Jake if you read this make sure we are still swappen stuff!!
I guess this clears up another mystery of what fits what in the Chevelle World.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I think I may be able to clear up some of the confusion. I just went out and looked at my 67 El Camino, the dash is out so I have a clear view. In 1967 GM changed the steering columns in the A bodys. They also changed the bracket that holds the steering column and clutch and brake pedals in place. I have a loose bracket from a 65 GTO and I matched the 2 of them up , the difference is the placement of the slot on top of the bracket above the clutch pedal. The slot on the 67 bracket is more centered and the slot on the 65 bracket is more to the left and almost flush with the left side of the bracket. If you grind out or make the slot more left so the top of the clutch pedal clears you should be good to go.

·
Gold Founding Member
462 Posts
My book shows brake pedal only no clutch. But i would think the years are the same for both. 1964-66 are the same and 1967-70 are interchangeable.

------------------
CFR.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just got thru doing a pedal setup for my 67 . I bought a set of pedals for a 66 and they do not work on the 67 pedal brackets. Do your self a favor and find the pedals for a 67.

Don

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.