Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
those that have chevelles - regarding the fasteners and clips that hold the windshield squirters and hoses

is the plating/color 'black' (like on pontiacs ) or zinc plated to give the 'aluminum ' color.
feel free to email info. thanks. karl

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
I checked a '72 assembly manual and it shows that the hose routings share the same clips as the wire harness to hold it to the bodywork. Some of those are plastic and some are metal. The only metal ones I have looked at on my cars are a yellow finish and have a vinyl dip to prevent chafing. Not sure that this is original though. I see no clips or clamps to hold the hoses to the fittings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. I remember seeing a set on ebay a while back that were shiny zinc color for chevelle. a partner and I are getting ready to reproduce the clips with the correct fastener in black for pontiacs. it appears the 66-7 chevelle is identical but shiny zinc. we could run the same clips in shiny zinc if there is any interest from the chevelle crowd. do you know if they are available/reproduced from the chevelle parts guys? thanks. karl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.