Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a search and reading the posts I have determined that 66 BB owners are more satisfied with the front height than 67 owners.

It seems that 67 owners often complain that the coils springs make the car sit to high in the front.

According to NPD, 66 gets CF103(with CF104 as a HD option) and 67 gets CF104 with no HD option.

GU lists the same spring for 66 & 67

Another supplier lists moog numbers and 66 gets 6204 while 67 gets 5244.

I am in the process of installing a 454 and don't want the front end too high. Does anyone know the spring rates of the parts above? Or can someone reccomend a spring to use.

This is a 67 convert with a 454 no A/C. I'd like the height to be stock or a little lower. The rear sits fine at just above the stock height with HD springs and air bags(only inflated with a full trunk).

I always thought the 66BB cars sat better in the front, this was pointing me in the direction of the CF103 from NPD.

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Rob, I got my replacement springs for my 67 from www.coilsprings.com and am well pleased with them. front pair was 120something and rear pair was 90something. They will make the springs to match what you want. I had them increase the rear hight by 1" and stock big block on the front as I always have the trunk full of chairs, coolers and such. Jb

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 66 with a 454. I had trouble trying to figure out which springs to use to get the look I wanted(slight rake from back to front with somewhat lower overall height). I talked to the people at hotchkiss and on their advice I had their 1" drop springs installed. I got just the look I wanted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts