Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of completing a non gauge to factory gauge switch in my 66, but have been unable to determine how to hook up the ammeter gauge. Does anyone know of wiring schematics that will direct me. My shop manual as well as my assembly manual tell me absolutely nothing.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
I have yet to see a factory wiring diagram that shows the factory amp gauge hook-up for 66-67 chevelles. But here's how to wire a factory amp gauge in your 66-67 chevelle. There should be a black wire and a black with white stripe wire comming from your gauge, locate the "red 10 gauge wire" that should be running from the junction block just forward of the battery on the radiator support over to the "BAT" terminal on the horn relay. These are your two connection points.If you don't have a junction block just connect one of the amp gauge wires to the positive battery terminal and the other to the "BAT" terminal on the horn relay. The amp gauge is actually a mV meter and what your are reading is the voltage drop across that length of red 10 gauge wire. After hooking it up turn on your lights and you should see the needle move towards discharge, if it move towards charge then you have to switch the wires around at the back of the amp gauge. Good luck, Mike M22

1 - 2 of 2 Posts