Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The channel that the rear window sits in all along the bottom edge is pretty badly rusted. Does anyone make a repair panel for the area between the bottom of the rear window and the deck lid?

Thanks
Mark Potter

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Nope, nobody makes them for the 300! In fact nobody makes 300 specific body parts at all.

The rear windows on these 300's ate rust for lunch, such an incredibly poor design, I had to jump through hoops to make mine look decent. It's likely that junk yard cars will be no better than what you have but you never know. It's hard to find 300's even in junk yards.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Mark, try AMD for the filler panel. There are cheaper ones, but they are not as correct as the AMD one and/or don't have the window trim studs. Pretty straight forward to spot weld in place or use panel adhesive (Lord FUSOR etc.) if you don't have a spot welder.

Not sure about your 300, but it should be the same panel for all 2-dr. body styles. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Oops, sorry, just saw the above post! Didn't know the 300 filler panels were different, I just knew the back window was wider. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Is this a 300 sedan? I think there is some confusion sedan vs coupe.

Maybe the part that is reproduced for the coupe could be sectioned into your car. Just use the channel part and an inch or two of metal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a sedan. I think it will have to be repaired/fabricated. If it was just the channel that the window sits in it wouldn't be so bad but its rusted up on the outer surface as well. It had a bunch of bondo in it that covered up the damage. There is a 4 door parts car on Craigslist fairly close, I think I'll go have a look. I suspect the 4 door is a shorter distance from the window to the trunk but maybe it can be used for parts to fix mine.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
The entire panel from the deck lid all the way to the back of the rear seat back is the same on any Chevelle 2-dr sedan or 4-dr sedan. So you can get one from a nice 4-door in an salvage yard in AZ or somewhere else "dry".

I'm not sure if Buick/Olds/Pontiac 4-door sedans used the same roof line and back glass as a Chevelle 4-dr or not. Does anyone know? If they are then that would be another source.

Good luck -

Reactions: Steve R
1 - 8 of 8 Posts